A generous donation from investment firm Rokos Capital Management has led to the development of LAE Tottenham's new outreach programme, Chrysalis East. Click here to read more about RCM’s motivation for providing the funds to establish Chrysalis East.
Our programme is based on a model developed by our sponsor school, Highgate, and their 20 years of outreach experience. Their programme, Chrysalis, partners with around 40 schools on a huge number of different projects, whilst Chrysalis East is tailored to give unrivalled levels of support to four local secondary feeder schools; Duke’s Aldridge Academy, Gladesmore Community School, Park View School, Woodside High School and their feeder primary schools.
Chrysalis East has three overall aims:
- To increase the number of Tottenham students progressing to highly selective universities.
- To increase the number of Tottenham students achieving GCSE grades 7, 8 and 9.
- To increase the number of Tottenham students eligible to enrol at LAE Tottenham.
We will do that by deploying our expert teachers to focus on four areas:
- Core Subject Attainment
- Academic Enrichment
- University Preparation
- Careers and Employability
Our guiding principles are at the heart of all our work:
- We view access to higher education as one of the ways to address social inequality.
- We seek to identify, and overcome, the barriers that prevent young people in Tottenham from progressing to the most prestigious universities and professions.
- We will work with our wider school community to advocate positive destinations for all young people in Tottenham.
- Fostering a sense of belonging and making the invisible rules visible are requisite aspects of a successful transition.
- Sustainability is our starting point; we want to build capacity in the community and create a legacy which endures beyond the length of the programme.
Black Lives Matter.
If you would like to make an enquiry, please email the Chrysalis East team directly using the email address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org