CLASS OF 2019 RESULTS
Our inaugural cohort achieved excellent results this summer that saw over 60% of students achieve places at the country’s top universities including Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Durham, Leeds and Manchester to name a few.
Historically, students from the Eastern ward of Haringey have had to leave the borough for Post-16 provision and relatively few have progressed to Russell Group universities – we’re delighted that our results challenge these statistics. Our average attainment grade of a B will put us in the top 5% of state schools nationally and our Level 3 value added score of 0.38 places the school in the top 4% nationally for progress.
- Average grade was a B
- 70% of all grades were A*-B
- 31% of all grades were A*-A
Our first set of results also make us the top performing state school for A-levels in Haringey.
PROGRESS AND PERFORMANCE
We are awaiting the release of this year’s performance tables but our internal tracking suggests our value added score will put us in the top 4% of schools nationally for progress.
Our ALPS T score of a ‘red’ 3 and our ‘Teaching and Learning’ score of a ‘red’ ALPS 2 across all our subject areas demonstrates the excellent progress made by students:
Alps measures a school’s actual progress against expected progress by modelling it against the previous year’s national data set. The following common grading system is used:
90% of students who left LAE Tottenham in 2019 progressed to Higher Education. The remaining 10% took a gap year prior to university, went into employment or started an apprenticeship.