The Free School Meals programme has now been extended to include students in full-time post-16 education. We encourage all families to apply for this support, irrespective of whether they believe they are eligible or not, to help us ensure all families are receiving the support they are entitled to during their time at LAE Tottenham.
LAE Tottenham vulnerable bursary
A bursary of up to £1,200 per year is available to sixth formers in one of the defined vulnerable groups.
You are eligible for the Vulnerable Bursary if you are:
- In care
- A care leaver
Receiving one of the following in your own right:
- Income Support/Universal Credit
- Employment Support Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payments
LAE Tottenham Discretionary Bursary
The LAE Tottenham bursary is available to aid sixth formers in paying for academic resources, travel to school, educational visits and sports kit. Students facing financial difficulty are also invited to apply for the Hardship Fund, an additional payment to fund educational support.
The LAE Tottenham bursary policy has been created in accordance with Department for Education guidelines.
- All sixth formers eligible for Free School Meals are eligible for the bursary
- Sixth formers not eligible for Free School Meals whose household income is below £30,000 including all benefits
- 97% attendance each term. Authorised absence will be taken into consideration
- A good behaviour record with no more than a Level 1 Disciplinary Hearing in a term
- Aged over 16 and under 19 at 31 August 2019 and not an asylum seeker